This site is under construction.










Monday, July 12, 2010

My Little Dreams

From Behind the Stories by Diane Eble. Excerpt from page 74, Karen Kingsbury, "Reach for the Stars."

Looking back in wonder, Karen says, "I learned a lot through my transition from reporter to author to inspirational fiction novelist. Mostly that when God has a plan, he'll see it through to fruition." In addition, Karen says it's important to dream big. "God know the plans he has for us. And sometimes those plans are limited only by our own lack of faith."

Karen should know. She's had her sleepless nights agonizing over what God wanted her to do, nights when the way seemed anything but clear. But today, she can confidently tell people to reach for the stars, go for their dreams. And in the process, she says, allow God to use you and the gifts he's given you to achieve his wondrous purpose.



Jean said:

Dream big, she says, Lord. Dream big for You. Don't limit my possibilities to what I see and know at this moment. Yesterday in our Bible class at church one of the ladies said, "God knows our potential."

You know my potential better than I do. You know the plans You have for me, Lord. You know what's out there in the future and how I'm to live and work and relate in the future.

You know my potential. You know all that You built into me when You gave me life. You know the gifts that I could have. You know all the areas of ministry where I could serve. You know all the lives I could touch for Your glory and Your pleasure.

You know my potential. You know what I'm made of. Psalm 103 illustrates this truth beautifully, Lord.

1 My soul, praise the LORD, and all that is within me, praise His holy name.
2 My soul, praise the LORD, and do not forget all His benefits.


3 He forgives all your sin; He heals all your diseases.


4 He redeems your life from the Pit; He crowns you with faithful love and compassion.


5 He satisfies you with goodness; your youth is renewed like the eagle.


6 The LORD executes acts of righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.
7 He revealed His ways to Moses, His deeds to the people of Israel.


8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and full of faithful love.


9 He will not always accuse or be angry forever.


10 He has not dealt with us as our sins deserve or repaid us according to our offenses.


11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His faithful love toward those who fear Him.


12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.


13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.
14 For He knows what we are made of, remembering that we are dust.

God said:

I know your frame, Little One. I know what stuff you are made of because I made you. I personally hand-crafted you to be an original design. You're not one in a million, Little One. You're one in all creation. You're the one and only YOU. And I made you for My purposes, for My glory and pleasure. I made you to have a personal relationship with Me -- forever.

I know the plans that I have laid out for you, too. Now, I won't impose those plans on you. But I know that your little life will be happy and fulfilled and peace-filled only when you dare to live out My plans for you.

Dream big. Is that what Karen says? I am the dream-giver, Little One. Bring those dreams and lay them at My feet so that I can unroll them like a scroll and let you see the full spectrum of those dreams. Lay them at My feet. Let go of them. Leave them here at My throne. Your little dreams may be just a tiny part of My Big Dream for you.

But you'll never know until you lay those dreams down at My feet and leave them here--until you surrender those little dreams to My Big Dream for you.