This site is under construction.










Thursday, June 3, 2010

He Is In Me

From Candles in the Dark by one of my heroines of the Faith, Amy Carmichael, page 2.

Training for service:

The best training is to learn to accept everything as it comes, as from Him whom our soul loves. The tests are always unexpected things, not great things that can be written up, but the common little rubs of life, silly little nothings, things you are ashamed of minding one scrap. Yet they can knock a strong man over and lay him very low...

I expect you know this, we all do; but it is extraordinary how the devil tries to 'get' us on the ordinary road of life. But all is well if only we are in Him, deep in Him, and He in us our daily strength and joy and song.

Jean said:

Dear Lord Jesus, those "common little rubs of life" as Amy Carmichael called them can really chafe my spiritual life sometimes. It's terrible to admit it, but I can usually lean into You when the big things of life--the tragedies--punch me in the belly. But I fail so miserably at handling those little daily annoyances.

I gripe too much and praise too little.

I lose patience too often and wait restfully too seldom.

I focus on life's minutia instead of keeping my eyes on eternity.

Lord Jesus, forgive me. Remind me when the dripping faucets of my life grate on my nerves that those droplets of water come from You. Remind me that You send them or allow them, You control them, You can fix every leaky faucet in my life--OR--You can enable me to sleep right through that drip-drip-drip.

God said:

If My Son is in you, Little One, then I am in you because I am in Him. And He (Jesus) is in Me. And We are in you. And My Holy Spirit lives within you, too. You have My presence and My power within you all the time. Depend on it. Lean into it. Sit right down and settle into that truth.

I am in you and with you no matter what little things happen day-to-day. And I am Lord over all things--including those nasty little irritants that worm their way into your days.

Believe it. And live like you believe it.