This site is under construction.










Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Double Yoke

From Candles in the dark by Amy Carmichael. Page 27.

A double yoke

I am thinking so much of you. My prayer for you is that the peace of God may enter into your heart so that you will spread peace all around.

The only way I know that leads to this is the way of Matthew11:29. Verse 28 has a word for you, too, but verse 29 is all for you. You have borne a yoke--sometimes a heavy yoke--but His yoke is easy and His burden is light, because we do not bear it alone. It is a double yoke. We are fellow-workers with Him in a new sense, when we give up making our own yoke and take His. It is a definite transaction between Him and our souls. 'Take.' He won't put it on us; He asks us to take. Then when we do, it is His yoke, not ours, thereafter.

Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
photo courtesy of Morguefile.


Jean said:

Your ways are filled with paradox, Lord. If I give I will receive. If I serve I will reign. If I choose to be last I will be first. If I die, then I will live. And here, You tell me that, if I take Your yoke, Your burden, You will lift it and carry it for me.

Lord, whatever and wherever that yoke might be help me to slip into it and push with all the ability You have given to me. Enable me to do the work You have called me to do. Keep my steps in a straight path so that the furrows I leave behind might produce straight, beautiful rows of grain, Lord.


God said:

Slip in, Little One. Slide your neck into the yoke and simply move forward. Whatever field I call you to I will enable you to do that work, to pull that load, to bear that burden.

Because I'll be in the yoke with you, pulling the entire load. You just keep in step with Me and together we will see a great harvest in your life, and in My world.