This site is under construction.










Monday, May 3, 2010

God's Search for Leaders

From Spiritual Leadership: Principles of Excellence for Every Believer by J. Oswald Sanders, Chapter Two.

...True leaders must be willing to suffer for the sake of objectives great enough to demand their wholehearted obedience.

Spiritual leaders are not elected, appointed, or created by synods or churchly assemblies. God alone makes them. One does not become a spiritual leader by merely filling an office, taking course work in the subject, or resolving in one's own will to do this task. A person must qualify to be a spiritual leader...

...When God's searching eye finds a person qualified to lead, God anoints that person with the Holy Spirit and calls him or her to a special ministry (Acts 9:17; 22:21).

Jean said:

Father, I remember when You called me to serve in 1972. And I remember the variety of special ministries in which You have placed me during the past forty years.

You moved me from place to place, from specific task to specific task. And all the while You were preparing me for the next place of service. You gave me different "jobs" to do, but all the time You had one call on my life-to love You and to love and lead other people.

Regardless of the specifics You always had one calling for me--to serve You by serving other people.

I pray I've done it well, Lord. I pray my life has been a sacrifice that pleases You well.

God said:

As you've done each task to and for My other little ones, You've done it for Me.

Yes, My precious Little One. I'm pleased with you. Regardless of your failures I've known and accepted your intentions. It's your motivation that really matters to Me, you know.

My love for you doesn't hinge on your success or your failure as a leader. I love you because I love you. And whatever you do out of a pure heart with the goal of glorifying Me, pleases Me. It pleases Me very well.