This site is under construction.










Monday, March 15, 2010

Teachable or Arrogant?

From Zealous Love: A Guide to Social Justice by Mike and Danae Yankoski, page 110.

Did you know that Americans spend $50 billion a year on weight loss and nutrition products (foot noted)

So what's the answer? Should we stop eating? Or stop exercising? No, but a good place for us to start is to begin sharing what we have with those in need. The Bible is clear about this. Ezekiel 16:49 says, "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom. She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy." Do I need to remind you what happened to Sodom?

Jean said:

Lord, until I read this I never associated Sodom and Gomorrah with anything but sexual sins. I never realized that You destroyed Sodom because her people were arrogant, fat and lazy and unconcerned about the needy.

Lord, don't let me fall into that category, please. Make me teachable and concerned about others. Others who live next door to me. Others who live on the other side of the world, too.

And, Lord, make me hungry--hungry for Your Word and Your will for my life.

God said:

Your prayers will be granted, Little One. If you approach Me with a teachable heart I will fill it with a knowledge of Me. If you approach others with concern for their welfare I will fill your life with the meaning and purpose that comes with loving and serving others.

If you come to My table hungry more of Me I will fill you with My love, My grace, My joy so that you can share with all those "others" both physical bread for their bodies, and spiritual Bread for their souls.

Only then can you all be truly satisfied.