This site is under construction.










Monday, March 8, 2010

Shhh. Be Still and Know

Lord, I skimmed through a book titled Zealous Love: A Guide to Social Justice by Mike and Danae Yankoski. It's a book filled with essays by Christians who work in various ministries that attempt to meet the physical, emotional, and social needs of third world countries. The needs are desperate: human trafficking, unclean water, refugees, hunger, lack of education, creation degradation, HIV and AIDS, and stark economic inequality. The thoughts and images in this book won't let go of me. I keep revisiting its pages. I read and re-read the haunting statistics that reflect the horrendous needs of the peoples of this world. And I can't free myself from their desperate cries for help.


Are You speaking directly to me through this book, Lord? I want to hear what You have to say. Still me. Quiet me so that I can hear from You today.

God said:

Shhhh, Little One. My voice is not in the howling winds of your life, not in the raging fires, but in a quiet whisper.

So, shhhh. Be still.

Be still and know.

Be still and quiet and get to know Me.