This site is under construction.










Monday, January 4, 2010

What Is A Sacred Echo?

From The Sacred Echo (M. Feinberg) page 25:

"As I grow in my relationship with God, I find that he often uses the repetition of a phrase or word or idea represented in Scripture not only to get, but also to keep my attention...While a single whisper usually leaves me unsure, the repetitive nature of a sacred echo gives me confidence that God really is prompting, guiding, or leading. The sacred echo reminds me to pay close attention; something important may be going on here. The sacred echo challenges me to prayerfully consider how God is at work in my own life as well as the lives of those around me. The sacred echo is an invitation to spiritual awakening.

More and more, I'm finding that I need the sacred echo--the persistent voice of God--almost as if my life depended on it."

Jean said:

Lord, I've been so caught up in busy work lately, the details of Christmas and other good things, that I haven't bothered to listen for your sacred echos. I've read my Bible most every day in recent weeks, but I haven't been listening while I was reading. Not really. I've been keeping my promise to you to read each day. But I haven't been listening for your voice in those black squiggles on white pages.

I need to hear from you, Lord. Right now, with this post I'm typing. I have some questions, too, and some decisions, and I know I'm going to make the wrong choices and blow the whole mess up like a chemistry experiment gone awry if I don't hear from you. If I don't hear your answer echoing through the day-to-day events of my life.

I, too, feel like my life depends on it, Lord. On hearing your voice echoing in my heart and mind.

God said:

Little One, I'm so glad you finally realized what you've been doing lately. I've been talking my head off and you haven't heard a word I've said. How about we just start all over right here?

Now, tell me all about those questions and decisions. I'm ready to listen if you are.