This site is under construction.










Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting to Know God

From The Sacred Echo by Margaret Feinberg, pages 139, 142

Why is God so repetitive? Does he have an ax to grind? A soapbox to stand on? Or is there something more? Perhaps God is persistent because he wants his heart for the poor beating inside of us...

That's the nature of the sacred echo. It's not just about hearing God's voice so we know what to do or leave undone, but so we may know God. The echo reverberates so that his words and his faithful persistent voice in our lives lead us closer to him.

The joy of listening to God's voice and taking care of his people cannot be contained.

Jean said:

The joy of listening to Your voice, Father, is so much bigger than that little word  joy can express. To think that You, the Almighty God of the Universe, would sit and chat with me is inexpressible. To think that You would lay aside the uncountable stars to listen to my small problems and victories is overwhelming.

And to think that You speak directly to me, a speck of nobody in the tiniest corner of the Universe..well, it humbles me and exhilarates me at the same time.

Then there is this "echo" thing. To think that You would repeat Yourself and give me Your same message again and again is too wonderful to be contained in scratchings on pages.

And why do You do this?

So that Your heart beats inside of me.

Your love. Your mercy. Your grace. Your truth. Your integrity. Your holiness.

All beating inside of my life, coursing through my relationships and touching every cell of my life, so that I might become like You.

I keep coming back to Philippians 3:10, Father. In the Amplified Version it says:

"My determined purpose is that I may know Him - that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly. And that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers: and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death."

God said:

Yes, Little One, I want you to know Me well. I want you to sit rapt at My feet and study Me and learn about Me and become like Me.

I know you well, Little One. I know every hair on your head moment-by-moment. I know each cell that lives and dies in your body. I know your hopes and dreams, your fears and disappointments. I know your history and your future. I know you so well. But I want our relationship to be mutual.

I made you for relationships and the greatest, most powerful relationship you can ever participate in is your relationship to Me. I want you to get to know Me.

As you get to know Me you will become more like Me in love and mercy, in grace and truth. You will become whole and holy. Your life will have integrity--flawlessness, strength, purity and consistency throughout.

As you get to know Me, and as you step aside and let Me live My life through you.