This site is under construction.










Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Crossing the Finish Line

JEAN SAID:

It finally hit me, Lord. Smacked me right in the face--my exhaustion. I'm trying to observe Sunday as a day of rest, but it seems lately that I've needed for every day to be a day of rest. I'm tired, tired, tired.

Maybe my blood pressure is down again. Maybe my iron count is low. Maybe I'm staying up too late or getting up too early. Nothing like a little self-diagnosis...

Whatever the reason I'm really too tired to write, too tired to think, Lord.

There's a story I've heard several times about a young man in a long distance race. (It seems he was in some trials for Olympic events, I think.) His parents were in the stands cheering him on. Somewhere in that race he stumbled and fell. When he tried to stand it was obvious that he had injured one of his ankles. He couldn't put any weight on it at all. Yet he hobbled on toward the finish line. All the other runners passed him. Without a word his Dad left the stands and ran out onto the track. He wrapped his arm around his son's waist and lifted the weight off the bad ankle. Then his son wrapped his arm around Dad's neck and leaned on him. The crowd in the stands rose to their feet cheering. Eventually, they crossed the finish line together. Last, but victorious nonetheless.

I know You'll do the same for me, Lord. I'm leaning on your strength. I've several projects that are all due--yesterday! They are commitments I've made and You know how strongly I believe in keeping my commitments-in finishing the race. But I believe just as strongly that You are going to help me across that finish line.

GOD SAID:

That's right, Little One. Lean on Me. Put all your weight on Me and I'll carry you.