This site is under construction.










Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Peace-Filled Way Of Life

JEAN SAID:

Summer is over. The temperatures aren't nearly as high; the air isn't nearly as suffocating. We've even enjoyed a few mornings that hinted of fall. I love this change to cooler days.

Friday night I took M. and D.L. next door to play with their little friends. E. & B. had been out of town all summer visiting various relatives. We had a wonderful time with them swinging and sliding. The little neighbors' parents ran around the back yard with the kids. Mommy became a hungry shark and gobbled up kids squealing with delight. Daddy chased a soccer ball around with M. hanging onto his leg. It was a wonderful evening. None of us wanted it to end.

Balmy air, friends, fun, healthy exercise, lots of laughter. Peace.

Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of such happy moments. I've captured so many in the databases of my mind. Thank you, for this huge privilege of living in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Thank you for this huge privilege of living in a place that doesn't know conflict, weapons, and war every day. Thank you that our children and grandchildren are growing up in peace.

I don't take those gifts lightly, Lord. I know it could change in a heartbeat. And I suspect some day it will. But for now, right now, all seems well in my neck-of-the-woods. And I want You to know I don't take it for granted. I appreciate it. I thank You for it.

Give me the courage to protect that peace-filled way of life for my grandchildren and their grandchildren.

GOD SAID:

You are fortunate, indeed, Little One. Most of the children in the world do not squeal and giggle, or run and play in the grass each day. Most cannot enjoy the peaceful way of life your enjoy. It isn't fair, is it? It isn't right, either.

But then, very little in your world IS right or fair.

And it won't be until I am again the One in charge of your world. Right now I am the Ruler of your heart, but Satan is the ruler of your world. Pray the change will happen soon, Little One. Pray Jesus will return to earth soon.