This site is under construction.










Friday, September 11, 2009

9-1-1 And World Peace


JEAN SAID:

Today is September 11, Lord. 9-1-1. A sacred day in our country. A day to remember those who died when the World Trade Center Towers and the Pentagon were attacked. A day to remember the passengers and crew who died in the airliner that crashed in order to save the lives of thousands of people on the ground.

I sit here in silence and think of their families, Lord. Parents. Siblings. Husbands and wives. Children. Grandparents. Friends. In the silence I ask You to speak words of comfort to them all.

I'm also thinking of the men and women who have been deployed in our military since that day. And their families who are paying a price to protect our homeland from other such attacks. Lord, comfort and encourage these men and women and those who love them.

I pray you'll lay Your hand of comfort on the hearts of those who grieve because their soldiers, airmen, and marines have died on foreign soil. Lord, give them courage. Give them peace within themselves.

This world is scarred with such tragedies as 9-1-1. We just can't seem to get along with one another, God. I know that lasting, universal peace will come only when You reign as Sovereign King on this earth. But meanwhile, help us to live peaceable lives, please.

GOD SAID:

Remember this old hymn?

Peace! peace! wonderful peace,
Coming down from the Father above;
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray,
In fathomless billows of love.

True peace begins within the hearts of men and women. Being at peace with others only happens when you are at peace with yourself, Little One. And that only happens when you are at peace with Me.

John 14:27 KJV "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."