This site is under construction.










Monday, August 10, 2009

Time Is In God's Hands



JEAN SAID:

It seems like time has accelerated since the first stroke of 2009, Lord. The summer zoomed by so fast. Spring was short with crazy weather. And winter, well, I can't even remember it.

I watch the national and international news on TV occasionally. Too much of the depressing, negative spin the media puts on everything makes me depressed and negative! But I watch it once in a while, and it seems like events in the Middle East and political events here at home are both taking giant steps. I could be frightened by it all...but I'm not. I grin and remember that You hold the calendar, the clock, and the stopwatch in Your capable hands.

I could get worried, too, when I watch our nation's political movement toward abortion and the scary shift toward "end of life choices." Such an innocent sounding phrase, but it is eerie with the sound of death-by-choice, the echos of assisted suicide, and euthanasia to me, Lord.

But what do I know? I'm just little ole me.

I know one thing. You are great big, wonderful, powerful, mighty, sovereign God. It's all under Your control and I'm so glad of that fact. I don't have to worry about any of this. I just have to do what You tell me to do, go where You tell me to go, say what You tell me to say. And You'll take care of the calendar, the clock, and the stopwatch.

Be Lord. Be Master. Be in-charge. Be the Chief-Chief-Executive, God.

GOD SAID:

Things get really complicated from your perspective, Little One. Power plays. Media spins. Political coups. Pandemics. Bankruptcies. Bail outs. Recessions. It can be scary, I know.

So, the best thing for you to do is lean back into My arms. Trust Me. Obey Me. I'll take care of the calendar, the clock, and the final stopwatch. Like your life, Time is in My hands.