This site is under construction.










Friday, August 7, 2009

Broken Bread

JEAN SAID:

I was thumbing purposefully through some books last night, Lord. You know me, I can't throw books away. And I keep going back through them again and again. Last night I found this prayer and was refreshed by it just as much as the first time I read it in Ken Gire's book Windows of the Soul: Experiencing God in New Ways. It's on page 190.

I want to make this my prayer to You today, Lord. From the center of my heart to Your heart.

A Prayer for Incarnation

Help me, O God,

To live the recipe
before I give the recipe.
Give me the kneading strength
to work the words into the doughy recesses of my life.
Help me to leave it alone a while
so it can rise.
Help me not to fear the oven
so it can bake.
And grant that in the baking,
the world would be able to roll down its window
and savor the aroma of freshly baked bread...

I want my life to be broken bread, Lord. Fashioned by Your hands. Giving life and health and strength to others.

GOD SAID:

To live the recipe before you give the recipe. To let My Words rest and grow inside you to change you into something warm and wonderful and delicious that blesses others with the irresistible fragrance of your broken life.

I can do this, Little One. As long as you are willing, I can do this with your life.