This site is under construction.










Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Absolutely God

JEAN SAID:

I'm preparing to lead a discussion about Your sovereignty, Lord, in my Bible class. One of my sources asks this question:

"What, then, will it mean for us today to try to live under the conviction that the God we serve is sovereign over all things, including our lives? The ways of God match the character of God! He is sovereign, His ways are absolute."

Your ways are absolute. That's a concept with which we are not really familiar, Lord. We live in a culture that seems to thrive on gray areas. Almost all lines are a little fuzzy, at best. Our rules always have exceptions. In grammar, in mathematics. Even in physics it seems that we can manipulate the environment so that we can bend the laws that govern our world.

Speaking of laws--some one's always exempt from them-diplomats, aristocrats, wealthy people, impoverished people, people with physical & mental challenges, people with extenuating circumstances... For every law we have a volume of exceptions.

Even in day-to-day life very few of us do as Your Word says and really mean "no" or "yes" when we say it.

I think it's safe to say that absolutely nothing is absolutely true every time. Absolutely nothing in our world is absolute.

Nothing, that is, except You and Your Word. Those two things we can count on. You and Your Word will never change. You are the absolute center of this Universe, God. You are the absolute boundary of it, too.

All laws--both natural and socio-political--are subject to You, Almighty God.

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." (Colossians 1:16-17)

Almighty God. Nothing and no one can thwart Your plans or diminish Your power.

Oh! When I let that begin to sink in I can breathe again, Lord. When I let that thought find a nesting place in my heart and soul I can relax again.

You ARE Almighty God. You are absolutely absolute.

GOD SAID:

Let that thought sustain you, Little One. Let it guide you. Let it comfort you. Let it encourage you. Let the truth that I AM and I forever WILL BE hold you together just like I hold all of Creation together.

And that's the absolute truth.