This site is under construction.










Thursday, July 9, 2009

Get It Into Gear, Little One

JEAN SAID:

I've been praying a lot in our private time about a project I'm working on, Lord. You know the one. It's in a bog and we're not moving forward with it. [Yes, I said "bog," not "blog."] I've been thinking it's stalled. I shouldn't think that way. It's not stalled--it's in Your capable hands, isn't it?

Well, to be truthful, the delays have caused my enthusiasm to sort of fizzle out, Lord. That's what I've been praying about so much lately. This project requires a lot of enthusiasm and mine's been running on fumes lately.

So, yesterday I was reading and preparing to teach my Sunday morning Bible class and my eyes zipped over a certain Scripture. "Screeeech!" My mind slammed on the brakes and my eyes skidded to a stop on one particular section.

"And here is my advice about what is best for you in this matter: Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have."
[2 Corinthians 8:10-12 NIV]

Wait a minute! Were these words recorded right there just for me? Is this a message from You sent SPECIAL DELIVERY to me, Lord?

I seem to remember the original context was that the Corinthian believers were supposed to be taking a love offering for the destitute Christians in Jerusalem (I think.) Paul was instructing them to do what they had intended to do, to complete the job, with enthusiasm for what they DID have, not worry over what they DIDN'T have.

So, I should do the same thing, right? Complete the task, finish the project willingly, enthusiastically. Yeah. I think You put those verses right there for me.

GOD SAID:

My Word is amazing to you, isn't it, Little One? It's almost like it's alive, moving, breathing, filling needs, ministering, convicting, soothing, encouraging, empowering you and all believers.

I have to agree with you on this one. Yes, I put those verses right there for you for today for this project at this time.

For you and millions of others who need to hear this truth. Read it. Meditate on it. Pray over it.

Now, get it into gear, Little One. Get out there and finish the work I've given you to do. You'll see. Your enthusiasm will return in no time at all. I Promise.