This site is under construction.










Monday, June 29, 2009

Stirring One Heart For Many

JEAN SAID:

Ezra 1:1 NKJV says:
"Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing..."

This verse slapped me in the face when I read it, Lord. You stirred up the spirit of Cyrus, King of Persia. You stirred the spirit of a pagan king in a pagan nation. You stirred his spirit to be an instrument in Your hands for rebuilding Jerusalem and the Temple.

You stirred his heart so that he not only gave permission to the captive Jews to return to their homeland--he ordered it. And he paid for it. He sent all the descendants of the priests and Levites back to their homeland to serve in the Temple after they rebuilt it. And You stirred his heart to restore all the precious temple instruments of gold, silver, and bronze that King Nebuchadnezzar had taken captive.

Cyrus returned them all to Your holy Temple and Your holy people.

Was it through dreams? Was it through miraculous events like the handwriting on the wall? Was it through the quiet, godly lives of the Jewish people serving Cyrus as captives? Did he read Your words in Your Law? Did you speak to Cyrus in a voice that only he heard?


You don't tell us the answer to those questions. We don't know the particulars; we only know that You stirred his heart and he was obedient.

Lord, stir the heart of President Barak Obama so that he becomes an instrument in Your hands to save the preborn children of our country.

GOD SAID:

I hold every "king's" heart in My hands, Little One. I will stir. I will move. I will act.

In My time. In My way. In line with My plans.