This site is under construction.










Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Spittin' Image

JEAN SAID:

Our grandchildren are growing up, Lord. C. is now a tall, slender, beautiful thirteen year old. O. and J. are in elementary school. They're riding bikes and playing Wii. They can fix their own breakfasts and tie their own shoes. M. is four and he wants desperately to be seven (just like J.). Even D.L. is well past being a baby at two and a half. They are growing, maturing, changing daily. I can see them growing physically and emotionally and socially right before my very eyes.

My body is long past the growing stage, Lord. I hope, though, that my mind and spirit are still growing and changing every day. I don't want to stop growing, Lord. I don't want to stagnate. I don't want to go backwards.

That's what happens, You know. Every living thing is growing and changing or dying and stagnating. There is no such thing as "standing still" for living things. That includes us living souls, too.

Lord, nurture me, help me along to grow and change and improve mentally, socially, spiritually. Help me to grow more like Jesus every day.

GOD SAID:

More like Jesus. That's a tall order, Little One. But it's exactly what I want for each of you. I want you to be conformed, not to this world, but to the image of My dear Son.

You know how sometimes kids grow up to look exactly like their mamas or daddies? Well, that's what I want for you. I want you to be transformed by the renewing of your minds into the spittin' image of My Son. Head to toe. Inside and out. Upside and down.

Just like Jesus. That's just what I want for you.