This site is under construction.










Friday, June 5, 2009

It's About Time

JEAN SAID:

It's been another hectic week, Lord. I seem to be having a lot of those lately.

GOD SAID:

And just whose fault is that, Little One?

JEAN SAID:

I know, it's mine. I try to accomplish too much in too little time. But so many good things need to be done. So many people come to me for help. And I enjoy doing all the things I do.

GOD SAID:

Good things? You're going to have to do better than that, Little One. There are many "good" things to do, it's true. But you must choose what is better, even what is best, for you to do. Not just what is "good."

JEAN SAID:

I don't have a knack for that, do I? What would you have me eliminate, Lord?

GOD SAID:

Did I say you must eliminate something? How about controlling all the good things you do? How about setting time limits on yourself? How about having more reasonable & realistic expectations of yourself? How about giving up control over a few things? And, yes, how about saying, "no," more often?

Have you given those ideas some thought?

JEAN SAID:

Sort-of. Kind-of. Maybe a little. I've thought about them. It's just that I haven't actually done anything about them.

GOD SAID:

Maybe it's time you use a chunk of your time to prioritize these things & set some boundaries for yourself on how much time you'll devote to each "good" thing in your life. See that shiny new timer you have on your desk? Why don't you try using it?

JEAN SAID:

Couldn't I just give up sleep for a while, Lord?

GOD SAID:

Now, what do you think is My answer to that one? I designed your body to need sleep just like it needs fuel. No. You can't give up sleep. That won't solve the real problem anyway, now will it?

JEAN SAID:

No, it won't, Lord. The real problem is just like You said. I need to set boundaries for myself, and hold myself accountable to stay within those boundaries.

GOD SAID:

Remember, Little One, I love YOU-not what you do. I want a loving relationship with you, not a list of all your accomplishments. I know your projects are all good things. But becoming the person I want you to become --that is the best thing, Little One. And to become that person you need to focus on what is best in My plan for you, not what is merely good.