This site is under construction.










Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hide-N-Seek

JEAN SAID:

Our little grandsons, M. & D.L. are having such fun with a game that they've just started playing with each other. It's an ancient game, but the two of them are now at just the right age to play it together. It's Hide-N-Seek. The older grandson has fun searching in all the familiar places for the younger. And the younger giggles and runs when he finds his brother. They've played it so many times, though, that they both know all the hiding places. No matter, they still enjoy it.

The younger boy loves to hide in closets. But he hasn't quite gotten the game down pat yet. As the older grandson gets close the younger one calls out, "I'm in here!" Then the seeker grabs the hidden child and both of them tumble on the floor with laughter.

It's fun and it's funny when it's a child's game. But not when it's a way of life. Lots of us play Hide-N-Seek with You, Lord. How foolish of us to think that we can ever hide anything from You.

Adam & Eve thought the trees of the garden were a good place to hide.

Jonah thought the cargo hold of a ship was a good hiding place.

I sometimes try to hide behind flimsy excuses. Or blaming other people or circumstances. Or even blaming You for my shortcomings.

None of these are effective hiding places, Lord. You see all. You know all. You understand all.

Help me, Father, when I'm ashamed of myself, or when I'm afraid of the world around me, to run and hide IN You.

Not from You.

GOD SAID:

When will you ever learn, Little One that I'm the only safe place to run to?

Psalm 32:7 says:
Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. [Now, what do you think of that?]

And Psalm 119:114 says:
Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Next time you need to run and hide-run to Me. I'm always here for you.