This site is under construction.










Friday, June 12, 2009

Grands

JEAN SAID:

Our little one, D.L., is taking a giant step towards being a big boy, Lord. We're all so proud of him because he's making great strides in his toilet training. Such a big boy at 2 1/2. I can't contain my gratitude, Lord, for these little guys. All five of our grandchildren are precious gifts.

Thank You, Father, five times over.

C. and O. and J. are coming today to visit us for a few days. I can hardly wait. I hate this thing called long-distance-grand parenting, Lord. I hate being 500 miles away from them. I hate not going to their ball games and kindergarten graduations. We don't even make it to all of their birthday parties. And I hate it. There. I've said it out loud, Lord. I hate this separation from them.

I know that You are wise and that You know exactly what You are doing by allowing this geographic distance to stand between us. Lord, I ache to have them near me. To have them come streaming in my door after school. To scold them for stealing cookies from my pantry. To have them sitting with me in church Sunday after Sunday.

I have to keep reminding myself that You always know what is best for them and for me. I trust You, Lord, that You DO know what is best. I trust You to love them and take care of them better than I could if they lived next door. I guess I just have to vent occasionally. I have to let off a little frustration with this separation. You made us for relationships, Lord, remember?

Lord, help me to be the very best long-distance Meme who ever lived. Help me to point all of our grands to You, Lord. Help me to show them all how to love You well.

GOD SAID:

They ARE precious to me. Every single one of them. And, yes, Little Meme, I do have a perfect plan for each one of them. I know you can't see it. I know you can't understand it. But you're going to have to trust Me to do what's best for their lives and for My glory. I am. And I do. And I will.

I Promise.