This site is under construction.










Wednesday, June 17, 2009

God's Word-Sweeter Than Honey

"The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb." Psalm 119:9-10 NIV

JEAN SAID:

Lord, I've been reflecting on my childhood a lot lately-trying to remember as many details as I can. I remember our little cottage of a house in Hart Haven. I had to be very young when we lived there because we moved when I was five. Anyway, Lord, I remember the rickety hog wire fence that separated our yard from the Mr. & Mrs. Steel's yard. The fence was embraced by a honeysuckle vine. I favored the tiny, velvety leaves. And we kids loved to pluck the miniature blossoms. We'd snap the cap off the blossom end and suck a tiny drop of nectar from the flower. It was such a small amount, but we were sure it tasted just like honey. It was worth the effort to get that minuscule drop of sweetness.


As I read Your Word, Lord, I find myself doing the same thing. I pluck a verse here, a chapter there and read it over and over, sucking a tiny drop of truth or beauty or courage or joy from each verse. Psalm 119:103 says that Your words are "sweeter than honey to my mouth."

GOD SAID:

So, is it worth it? The searching of My Word? Are the truths you find there worth the effort? Yes. The sweet reward of reading My Word, studying it, meditating on it, hiding it in your heart.

Sweet as honey to your heart and soul. It's worth the effort, isn't it, Little One?