This site is under construction.










Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Creator God

JEAN SAID:

My big sister, C.C., is five years older than I, Lord. That's hardly a blink now, but when we were growing up she seemed so much older, wiser, and more mature than I. While we lived in that tiny cottage in Hart Haven she spent a lot of time watching over her three little sisters. She must have hated most every minute of it, but I don't remember ever getting that impression from her. What I do remember is that she always did fun things with us.

One thing that really stands out in my memory was the paper mache` masks she made for us. Well, for me, at least. I think J. and T. were too little to be still long enough for her to make theirs.

I had to lie perfectly still on the floor with my eyes and mouth closed while she laid cheese cloth over my face. Then, layer by layer she molded a mask of newspaper strips and starch on top of my face. Then, I had to lie there while it dried enough that she could handle it without it collapsing.

A day or two later C.C. painted the mask bright colors as I remember. It was a masterpiece, I'm sure. I don't think I really cared about the mask all that much; it was the making of it that was so much fun to me. I suspect the same thing was true for C.C.

Do You get that kind of pleasure out of molding and shaping me, Lord? Do you find joy in building me layer by layer into the Christ-like person You want me to become? The Christ-like person who will find joy and peace and hope in the process of becoming all You want me to become?

I know the finished product-the fully sanctified me-will not be dried, painted and displayed-completed-until Heaven. But, is a big chunk of Your joy in the making, Lord?

GOD SAID:

Hmm. You got Me, Little One. You figured that out all by yourself, huh?

I am, after all, Elohim, the Creator. Building, transforming, creating something beautiful from something broken--it's one of the things I do best and enjoy most.