This site is under construction.










Monday, May 11, 2009

Time and Again

JEAN SAID:

I'm so amazed, Lord, that You never get tired of my coming to You, asking for the same things over and over again. I know as a parent and as a teacher I sometimes grew weary of the same child asking me the same questions again and again. I'd think, "Why in the world can't he/she get this? What is the hold-up here? Can't he/she see how simple this is? Is he/she even paying any attention to what I've said two dozen times already?"

But, then, You are not me. You are not like me. Your patience is infinite. And I'm truly grateful for it, Father.

You bear with me and understand that I'm so much smaller than You. I'm so much weaker than You. And I live in such a tiny world that I understand in a limited way. Not You. You are all-knowing and all-wise.

So, I can answer that first question myself. NO. You don't tire of my voice saying the same words over and over again. That is, as long as those same words come from my heart. As long as they are not just vain babbling.

GOD SAID:

The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. [James 5:16 NKJV]

How can your prayers be fervent, Little One, without being repeated? How can your prayers be earnest and heart-felt without your hanging onto them and repeating them to me time and again?

No, if those requests come from a broken, contrite spirit they are going to be in the front of your mind and in the middle of every conversation with Me.

I wouldn't have it any other way.