This site is under construction.










Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Scripture Prayers

JEAN SAID:

Lord, I'm learning how powerful it is to bring you the needs of other people by praying Scripture. Your Word is powerful. It is sharp. It cuts through all the fru-fru and speaks to the real needs of those for whom I intercede. And I think You love to hear Your Word prayed back to You. If I can find a verse or a passage that crystalizes the specific needs for which I am praying it focuses my attention (and Yours, too) on the real needs rather than the extraneous or temporary ones. Like these words in Psalm 18:16-19:

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. (KJV)

So, I ask you, Father, in accordance with Your powerful, life-giving Word to reach down from on high and take hold of certain people. I will not reveal their names here, Lord, but You and I know them well. I ask You to draw them out of deep waters, Lord. Rescue them from the enemy, Satan, who is too strong for them in their disastrous circumstances, their calamities. Be their support, Lord. Bring them out into a spacious place, a wide place of freedom. Rescue them. Save them. Delight in them.

GOD SAID:

My Word is quick--it is alive and it is life-giving.

My Word is powerful--no other words can come close to its influence.

My Word is sharp--it cuts straight to the point, it slices through all the protective layers and lays bare the true needs.

My Word is discerning--it ignores the externals and reveals the heart of any matter, the intents and thoughts behind the deeds.

My Word is revealing--it shines a spotlight on every creature, every person, every event, every need, every motive so that nothing can hide nor be hidden from Me, Little One.

I honor My Word, Little One. Especially when My children read it, memorize it, pray it, and live it day after day.