This site is under construction.










Thursday, April 30, 2009

Faithfulness

JEAN SAID:

I was thinking about a hymn today, Lord. It goes like this:

Great is Thy faithfulness,
O God, my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
Thou faintest not,
Thy compassions they fail not.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

I want to thank You, Father, that You are forever faithful. People fail us. Sometimes because they are lazy or irresponsible or don't care about our feelings. Sometimes, through no fault of their own, because circumstances force them to fail us.

But You, Lord, You never fail. You never lie. You never forget. You never get too busy. You never over-commit Yourself. You never get lost. You never run out of time. You never make mistakes.

You are great and You are faithful. Lord, please increase my faithfulness to You and to others You bring into my life.

GOD SAID:

Faithfulness comes with commitment, Little One. And with selfless love. It comes with responsibility and conscientiousness. As you work on those things in your character you will automatically become more faithful.

Faithful to keep your word and your commitments. Faithful to do your duty and to exercise love. Faithful to live with purpose-the purpose for which I created you. Faithful to become more like Jesus each day.