This site is under construction.










Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Extravagant Love

JEAN SAID:

Oh, Lord Jesus. This week we remember the events that preceded your death. Your sacrifice for our sins. Your completion of the work the Father sent You to accomplish on this earth.

And it was all for me. I am amazed at your extravagant love. Your tenacious love. Your selfless love. Willingly poured out at Calvary it flowed through the ages and reached all the way to me.

Is saying "thank you" ever enough, Lord?

O love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in Thee
I give Thee back the life I owe
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

...

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red,
Life that shall endless be.

[from "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" by G. Miner and C. Matheson]

GOD SAID:

Love, nailed to a tree that each of you might be forgiven and enjoy endless life with Me.

There simply was no other way to accomplish it, Little One. No other way.