This site is under construction.










Friday, April 24, 2009

Dumb Sheep

JEAN SAID:

Isaiah 53 is about Your Suffering Servant, Messiah, Jesus. All the verses talk specifically about Him. But, smack-dab in the middle of the chapter (verse 6, to be exact) is a verse about me.

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him [the suffering servant] the iniquity of us all."



That includes me. I'm a sheep. Dumb. Helpless. Timid. Easily frightened. Defenseless. Vulnerable. Directionally-challenged.

Yes, Lord. That sounds just like me.

And, like sheep, I need a Shepherd. Without one I can't survive. Can't take care of myself. Oh, I might think I can make my own provisions, find my own way. But I can't because I'm dumb and helpless and timid. I'm easily frightened, defenseless against Satan. I'm vulnerable to evil and failure and pride. And I'm hopelessly lost most of the time in this life.

I need a Teacher like Jesus. And I need a Helper like Jesus. Lord, I need Someone to give me courage and to defend me forever. I need a Protector like Jesus. And I need a Guide every day of my life.

Wrap them all up in one fleecy blanket and it's You, Jesus. You. No one else will do for me. No one else can rescue my life and save my soul and usher me into eternity with the God of the universe.

Baa-aaa-aaa.

GOD SAID:

In John 10 Jesus says this to you, Little One. "I am the door to the sheep fold."

He says "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep."

He did that on Calvary, you know. He did. And He is. And you are so much more valuable and precious than a sheep, Little One, because you are Mine.