This site is under construction.










Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's In The Details

JEAN SAID:

I'm reading the book of Leviticus in the Bible, Lord. I know-not too many people read it for "inspiration." Hmmm. I suddenly remembered what the word "inspiration" means - God breathed.

Anyway, I'm reading this book of laws. I'm in the middle of all the sacrifices: the wave offering, the sin offering, the guilt offering, the fellowship offering, the Day of Atonement offerings... So many details. You told them down to the color of thread how to make the Tabernacle. You gave them exact details for making the tunics, turbans, scarfs, ephods, even the underwear for the priests to wear. Exact details.

You gave them exact procedures for making each sacrifice.

And you warned them again and again about neglecting even the smallest detail-it would mean death. Death by being consumed by Your Holy Fire blasting out and engulfing them.

Oh, God. I am so immensely grateful that Jesus took care of each of those details for me. I am overcome with appreciation for living under Your grace stretched out on Calvary's cross. I don't have to live with fear. I live with love. Your perfect Love poured out at Calvary for me.

GOD SAID:

Jesus paid it all.
All to Him you owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain.
He washed it white as snow.
(From Jesus Paid It All by John T. Grape)