This site is under construction.










Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Do It Today

JEAN SAID:

As You already know, Lord, my pastor is preaching his way through the book of Mark. I'm amazed because he's amazed at how You time it so that he's preaching on a certain set of verses that are appropriate to whatever is happening in our church, in our church families, in our city, state, or country. Your timing is impeccable, Lord!

Sunday he preached on Mark 13-signs of the Second Coming of Christ. I must admit he was really fired up. Armed with both statistics and passion. He and I agree that many of the "pre-signs" (as he called them) that are precursors to that final sign of Christ's bodily return to earth seem to be happening around us.

It seems to many of the Christians with whom I associate that Christ might just come back in our lifetimes, Lord. He might. Only You know that for sure, right? That is one of Your mysteries that You hold in secret. We're just not responsible enough to handle that kind of knowledge, are we?

Lord, it's difficult for me to explain, but I have such a calmness and peace about the idea that You might rapture us home to heaven any day now. I'm not afraid of all the "stuff" that might befall us between now and that time. I'm not going to fret about what might happen next week or next month or next year to us as Christians. I believe You will equip us to handle it as it comes. I don't think it will be easy. I don't think my imagination has yet conceived what might lay ahead. But You will make it doable..

I am concerned for the people I love who have not embraced You as their personal Savior, Jesus. I don't want them left behind on this earth after You snatch us Christians away to heaven. And I don't want them to endure eternity without You. That thought breaks my heart.

Is this how the First Century Christians felt, Lord? As they watched their fellow believers being tortured, beheaded, boiled in oil, skinned alive, and burned at the stake did they sense Your peace? Or did they live in fear and dread? Did they beg You to come quickly, or to delay so that people they loved might have one more chance to accept Christ?

GOD SAID:

You're right. You can't be trusted with knowledge that powerful. The moment when My Son, Jesus, will return to earth to rule is truly the greatest and more secure secret of all time. And so, the time that He will snatch all of you Christians away is also a secret, Little One.

All the more reason for you to be ready today. Right now. To spend eternity with Me. And just how do you (or anyone) get ready?

Acknowledge your sinful nature. Agree with Me that you are indeed a sinner deserving of death and eternal separation from Me, and that you are unable to save yourself.

Believe that My Son, Jesus, is the only way to have a personal relationship with Me. The only way to be forgiven of your sins. The only way to spend eternity with Me.

Call on Jesus to come into your life, forgive your sins, and become the Controller of your life.

Simple. Urgent. Required. Tell your readers to please do it today.