This site is under construction.










Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Satisfied

JEAN SAID:

Lord, good morning. Thank You for another morning, another day to glorify You, another opportunity to be Your hands, Your feet, Your voice for other people who are in need.

I've been skimming through a book I read more than a year ago, The Beloved Disciple by Beth Moore. These words jumped out at me and I've been meditating on them, Lord.

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." (page 166)

I've been chewing on that. It's difficult for us to be satisfied, isn't it? We're always wanting something bigger or better, something faster or newer, something more elaborate or more simple. It takes a life time, Lord, for some of us to learn to be satisfied in You.

Take away those insatiable desires I have, Lord, and especially those desires that have me.

Infuse me with Your peace and the secure feeling of satisfaction wherever You have me at this point in my life. Give my soul that feeling of contentment that comes with being full of You. Like Thanksgiving dinner, Lord, help me to relish each moment with You and enjoy Your presence like a delicious meal.

GOD SAID:

Pull up to the table, Little One. I've prepared a huge banquet for your soul, for your life. Enjoy! Taste and see that I am good.