This site is under construction.










Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

JEAN SAID:

It's the first day of 2009. Today I'll be busy being MeMe. But I have a few minutes to be alone with You right now, Lord. Thank You for this quiet space.

What do you have in store for me in 2009, Lord? What changes do You want to make in me? What character trait will You work on this year? What edges will You polish away that, through their absence, will bring me closer to the image of Christ?

Where are You going to take me and J.? I don't mean geographically, Lord. I mean, what spiritual places will we go? What missional places? What opportunities for service will we visit this year? Help us, like Abraham, to go out on mission without knowing our destination. Enlarge our spiritual vision-our faith. Help us to head for the opportunities You have planned for us, and to recognize it when we get there.

Lord, I know You are always speaking to me every waking moment, and even as I sleep sometimes. Open my ears, Lord, to recognize Your voice amid all the other voices. Help me to hear Your speaking above the chatter of the world. Help me to distinguish Your voice from my own echoing through my head and my heart.

You've given me a dual life-mission, Lord. One mission is to love You with all my heart, all my soul, all my being. The second is to encourage others around me with my words, my actions, my attitudes, and my responses. To encourage them not only for this present life, but to encourage them to accept Christ as their Savior and to to surrender their present lives to You, Lord. Help me as I do whatever ministry activities come my way, and seize whatever ministry opportunities You place in my path, to live that dual mission.

This new year please guide me specifically and clearly toward Your places, Your opportunities, for me.

I want to know You, Lord. I want to love You more than any and all others. And I want to disappear so that other people watching me don't see me, rather they see Jesus when they look at my life.

This year, 2009, lead me closer to that destination.

GOD SAID:

To know Me. To love Me. To live transparently so that others see Jesus living in you. Noble destinations, Little One. Let Me hold your hand. Stay close so you hear My whispers. I'll lead you each year, each step, of the way.