This site is under construction.










Friday, January 2, 2009

Fit As A Fiddle

JEAN SAID:

I almost started strong, Lord. I set my alarm to get up early but I didn't make it. I hit that old snooze button 2 or 3 times before I crawled out of bed. But I did bypass the kitchen and went straight to the DVD player. I put that walking DVD in and completed my 2 miles. It feels good to "work my body." And it really does improve both my attitude & my intellectual productivity, I think.

I'm ashamed to say I've neglected this body over the past year. It's decidedly out of shape. Not only is Your temple carrying around extra fluff, it's not nearly as strong or as flexible as it was a year ago. Please forgive me for not doing what I've known all along is the right thing to do. I don't usually think of that "lack of action" as sin, but it is. To know to do good and simply not to do it, is sin according to Your Word. (James 4:17)

This year, 2009, please make me aware every time I fail to do what I know is good. Convict me, Holy Spirit. Prick my conscience when I lapse into laziness or my own comfort. Motivate me, Lord, to get up & get moving. Motivate me to take better care of Your temple. Motivate me to do good to other people, too.

When I see or hear that someone is hungry urge me to hand him or her food. When I know someone has a financial need make it my automatic response to reach into my purse. When I sense that someone is lonely or frightened or confused push me to stop my "urgent" activity & do the important work of reaching out to that someone. Remind me to wrap them up in my arms & in my heart.

I'm not dumb, Lord. I'm not ignorant. I'm not socially challenged. I know when something is the right thing to do. I'm asking You to give me a good kick in the pants whenever I know to do good and don't jump at the chance to do it.

GOD SAID:

A kick in the pants, huh? Okay. You asked for it. I'm going to help you to make 2009 your year for doing good. Walking, running, jumping at lots of chances. Together we're going to make you fit as a fiddle-physically AND spiritually.

Fit as a fiddle in the hands of a Master Musician, Little One.