This site is under construction.










Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crucifixion

JEAN SAID:

Yesterday, Lord, I finished my morning exercise routine, then I stretched out on the carpet to recover. I stretched my arms out at full width. elongated my legs, then crossed my ankles. Then it occurred me. This is the position of crucifixion. I closed my eyes and swam in the music surrounding me, "There Is None Like You, Jesus."

I can't fathom, I can't comprehend, I can't even superficially imagine the agony You endured suspended between heaven and earth in that position. I don't have a base of experience to enable me to vaguely relate to crucifixion.

Neither do I have the capacity to begin to understand the kind of love that propelled You from throne to manger to cross.

Was it worth it, Lord? Was I worth it?

JESUS SAID:

Oh, yes! Yes, yes, yes, Little One. You-each of you-are worth every moment I spent away from eternity. You-each of you-are worth every thorn, every lash, every hammer's blow, every humiliation, every tick of mortal time I spent separated from My Father.

Yes, Little Ones. You are worth it all.