This site is under construction.










Friday, January 16, 2009

All For Jesus

JEAN SAID:

In her little book Candles In The Dark Amy Carmichael said,

"If you do everything, whether great or small, for the sake of your Savior and Lord, then you will be ready for whatever work He has chosen for you to do later."

Everything. Wash every dish, fold every clean towel, drive every mile to and from school and gymnastics and AWANA, type every contract, teach every lesson, mop every floor, arrange every melody, sign every credit card transaction, water every rose bush, mow every blade of grass, type every character, answer every phone call, change every diaper, dance every step...

Do I do everything for Your sake, my Savior? Do I speak kindly, touch gently, hug warmly, reprimand firmly, represent honestly, laugh heartily, cry sincerely, ask humbly, give generously, work diligently all for Your sake?

Is the motive behind my rush-rush life to please and glorify You?

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 138:23-24)

GOD SAID:

Your rush-rush needs a little hush-hush every single day, Little One. A little time to stop the rush and sit in hushed silence listening to My answers to your questions.

You've stopped long enough to ask Me to search you, to know you and your thoughts.

Now sit still and quiet long enough to hear what I have to say. To let My spirit show you how to cleanse those faults away, how to replace them with the highest motivation available to you, to make every thought a prayer, and every activity an act of worshipping Me.