This site is under construction.










Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where Am I?

JEAN SAID:

I'm nearing the end of my reading in Revelation, Lord. I know that I set out to read through it as a devotional book. To read it searching for nuggets of truth-NOT trying to unscramble the puzzles in it. I keep searching for "us" as I read. The Redeemed. The Church. Those who are born, get saved, then die BEFORE the Lord Jesus returns to rapture His Church.

I know Paul says in 1 Thessalonians that "the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [raptured] together to meet the Lord in the air." Such a wonderful, encouraging thought, Lord!

I keep looking for that group of believers in Revelation. But I don't find that same exact terminology. Now I'm getting tangled in the complex imagery as I read chapters 20 & 21.

I know the book of Revelation isn't written chronologically. It's not day 1, day 2, etc. I know the inhabitants of heaven [who will witness all that takes place as recorded in Revelation] are varied-angels, the 144,000 from the Jewish Tribes, the elders on the 12 thrones, the martyrs, the prophets... Where am I-assuming Christ doesn't rapture my generation? Where are the believers who died on earth before the events recorded here take place?

Yip-ee! I think I found me in Revelation 18:20. "Rejoice over her, O heaven! O saints (people of God) and apostles and prophets," Is that me? Will I be standing in that innumerable multitude of saints? Yes, I think that's my face blended in with the millions of saints in heaven for eternity.

I keep reminding myself that I'm reading for inspiration, not eschatology. I keep reminding myself that I'm reading to be encouraged, to find hope in the FACT of Your returning to earth to take all of us believers to heaven for eternity. Thank You, Lord!

GOD SAID:

If I wanted you to understand every detail of Revelation I wouldn't have given it to John as an analogy filled with complex symbols. You don't have to clearly understand My Word to believe it, Little One. You don't have to understand the details of what will happen someday to accept by faith that I do understand. I have it planned. I will carry it out according to My plan and for your best.

Remember that song that goes, "When you can't trace My hand, When you don't understand, trust My heart"?

Trust Me. I won't leave any of My children behind. I won't forget you, Little One. I can't-you are inscribed in the palm of My hand. Promise.