This site is under construction.










Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Clutter

JEAN SAID:

I forgot to set the alarm on my clock last night, Lord. I must admit it felt good to lie there snuggled under the quilts sleeping way too long. Now I'm starting the day behind schedule. I'll be playing mental catch-up all day.

Lord, I'm looking around me at the mess that is piled everywhere. My computer desk has 3, no, 4 piles of papers that need to be processed. My desk has, well, I can't count the piles of stuff because they are tilting & collapsing into each other. Let's just say it's a mess, too. Today and tomorrow I want to go through every scrap of paper & handle it. Process it. File it. Read it. Return it. Order it. Telephone it. Email it. Toss it. Whatever those pieces of papers need, I want them all cleared off my desk by tomorrow night.

I'll feel so much better when it's done. I hate clutter and my little creative corner is way beyond cluttered right now, Lord. I know I'll be able to think, to focus, to create, to work so much easier when the clutter is gone. I'll feel calmer, at peace, when my desk reflects a sense of accomplishment.

My life is the same way, isn't it? When I pare down the clutter that I gather into my life I'll be able to think and act and pray and create and complete tasks so much better. When I weed out the meaningless activities and programs and commitments I'll be able to focus on You and on the meaningful things You want me to accomplish.

GOD SAID:

Sometimes you just try to embrace too many things and jobs and projects and organizations and opportunities all at once, Little One. As you clear out the clutter in your workspace, knock down all the cobwebs in your mind, too. Then focus on My purpose and My plan for your life. Do you remember it? You found it back in 2003.

"My determined purpose is that I may know Him-that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly. And that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers [me]: and that I may so share his sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death." (Philippians 3:10 Amp.)