This site is under construction.










Monday, November 10, 2008

Level Ground

JEAN SAID:

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do our will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." Psalm 143:8-10

It's morning. Thank You, Father, for a good night's sleep. I brewed a cup of hot tea and plopped myself down in front of this screen this morning. Yesterday I took an entire day off from my computer. The past month has been non-stop word processing and emailing for the Conference. It was a wonderful weekend. Extremely busy and physically demanding. Moving tables and chairs around, hauling boxes from room to room, loading and unloading "stuff" from my car. Late to bed and extremely early to rise. My body is still recovering.

But my spirit is refreshed.

Show me the way I should go today, Lord. Which stack of papers should I tackle first? Which backlog of phone calls? Which neglected household chores? Which email should get my first attention? Lead me onto Your level ground today.

GOD SAID:

You've already taken the first step of the day, Little One. Hiding yourself in Me. Let Me hold your hand. Stick close by. We won't get the whole backlogged mess cleared away today, but we can start. Make your list. Let Me help you to prioritize the tasks. You do have limitations of time and space, remember? So, together, we'll tackle one thing at a time.

Before long, the piles of papers will be gone and you'll be back on level ground. Remember, you have to move mountains one shovel full at a time.