This site is under construction.










Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Let It Shine

JEAN SAID:

Lord, I'm preparing to address a group of 50+ high school students in a few days. These young people are enrolled in a Christian school and they have made a voluntary commitment to an organization called Campus Connection. It's a "club" encouraging and developing godly leadership skills. These young men and women have accepted the challenge to become leaders in their student body, in their churches, in world-wide ministry, in their coming careers, in their present and future homes.

I'm awe-struck. That sort of commitment was the farthest thing from my mind when I was 16, 17, 18 years old. And, Lord, their staff sponsor has asked me to speak to them about the power of surrounding themselves with great and godly people. What an honor to be included in a list of influential people addressing these youthful leaders.

Lord, with such an honor comes huge responsibility. Am I living out in my home, in my church, in my community the leadership principles I'm going to address before that group of eager listeners? Though I'm no longer a professional "leader" in their school, am I still basing my relationships on the principles and practices that keep me "leading"-influencing-other people? Am I practicing what I'm getting ready to "preach?"Am I choosing to surround myself with godly people? Am I pointing the people in my sphere of influence to Christ? Am I demonstrating Your love, Your grace, Your mercy, and Your holiness in my daily decisions?

In the midst of preparation I ask myself, "Am I the kind of person that one (or some, or all) of these high school students would want me to mentor them? To influence them? To disciple them? Is my life in Christ attractive enough and powerful enough that godly young people would want to get close to me hoping some of it would rub off on them?

Lord, make me holy. And make me wholly like You.

GOD SAID:

Out of the things that fill your heart and overflow from it you will speak, Little One. If your heart is filled with Jesus, with love, with compassion, with mercy, with truth, with holiness, those things will flood your mouth, your vocabulary, your presentation to this group.

Your words will be powerful and electric when they are generated by a high-voltage life-a life energized by My Holy Spirit. A life plugged in to My power station.

Go ahead, Little One. Let My Light shine through you.