This site is under construction.










Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Done

JEAN SAID:

Lord, I'm stuck! I've been sitting here for an hour trying to put words that make sense on this screen. To write something poetic, or beautiful. Something that will make the readers go, "Ah-hah!"

What am I doing? This page isn't for the readers! It's for You! The readers get to listen in on our conversations. And, hopefully, receive a blessing, or a reassurance, or a provocation to think through something they believe. But, this page is for You-not them.

Forgive me for having a memory lapse about that. Forgive me for messing up my priorities again.

I'm such a child, aren't I? I forget the lessons You patiently teach me again & again. How could I forget that this is Your conversation with me? This is my time to worship You and praise You and thank You, and then listen to You. How could I slip into the mentality that this page is for anyone but You?

We're all such feeble creatures, aren't we? We slide backwards so easily in our thoughts, our attitudes, our actions. How easily we divert our eyes from You to anything & everything in our lives & in the world around us.

Lord, I truly do want to wake up each morning with my first thoughts being thoughts of You. I want to fall asleep each night in Your arms thinking about wonderful You. I haven't been doing that the last few days and nights. I've allowed my mind to focus on my little bits of business instead on You.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me for neglecting You and flood my mind & heart with thoughts of You.

GOD SAID:

Once again, Little One, you have proven that My Word is true. Didn't I tell you in Isaiah 55 that My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways? For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

But read backwards, Little One. Read the verse that comes before this one. It says I will abundantly pardon. Abundantly, Little One. Abundantly. Like a basket of apples piled so high they tumble out when you try to carry it. Like a glass of milk filled to the brim so it sloshes out when you try to take a sip.

Every sin-huge, mean, ugly, cruel sin-and those little bitty sins that slither into the crevices of your heart. I will abundantly pardon if you'll just confess, repent, & ask.

You did. I did. It's done.