This site is under construction.










Monday, November 3, 2008

The "How" Of It

JEAN SAID:

Lord, I'm reading chapter 9 of Revelation. It's horrible. When I try to picture the details of this chapter I see a horrific science fiction movie in my head. A huge Abyss opens up and belches out putrid yellow smoke. Monster-locusts with armour and scorpion tails sweep down on the earth and torment people for five months. And that's just the first "woe."

Then four angels whom You have saved especially for this purpose lead an army of 200 million to destroy another one-third of the humans on earth. This army looks like something from a fantasy or science fiction movie. Horses wearing armour and having teeth like lions and tails that are poisonous snakes. They sound grotesque.

I'm amazed when I read the last few verses of this chapter. "The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent...did not stop worshiping demons, and idols...nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts."

In that horrible day when You pour out Your wrath on this earth the people who survive still won't turn away from their sin and turn to You. That strikes me as incredible. We human beings can be audacious, can't we, Lord?

Oh, God, before that day comes I beg You to soften our hearts. I beg You to convince people of their sinful condition. I beg You to convict people of their need to turn away from their own devices and turn to Christ Jesus. I beg You to save the souls of those who walk the streets and live in the houses all around us.

GOD SAID:

Some how, Little One? The Way of salvation is the same as it has always been. Look to Jesus. I sent Him-My own dear, precious Son-into a world of hostility and filth to pave the Way of salvation. He commissioned you and every Christian to show and tell the Way. Show the lost people around You what it means to be rescued from your wretched sinfulness. And tell them the good news that Jesus wants to forgive their sins. I AM convicting them. They must choose to listen, repent, and accept.

That's the "how" of it, Little One. The one and only "how" of it.