This site is under construction.










Friday, October 17, 2008

Super Hero



JEAN SAID:

The other day three-year old M. found his red and blue costume from last Halloween. For two days he ran (literally) throughout the house playing super hero. Half a dozen times he grabbed my arm and shouted, "Here I am, MeMe. I has to save you!"

Last night I was shut in my office typing away when the door flew open. A pint-sized web-slinger dashed into the room. He looked right and left over his shoulder and warned me breathlessly, "MeMe. There's bad guys everywhere! They're all over the house."

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

He slinked closer to me and lowered his voice. "I don't know. They's too many of them. I can't do it by myself. I need help, MeMe!"

"You can handle them," I said.

"NO!" He shouted. "I need help. They's everywhere!"

Oh, Lord. Sometimes I feel the same way. I think I've about conquered the "bad guys" in my life-the temptations that want to drag me into sin. Then, they gang up on me. Old habits. New desires. Old ways of thinking. The "forces of evil" never quit.

"Help, Lord! I need help. They's everywhere."

GOD SAID:

The nearer you draw to Me, Little One, the brighter My Light shines into the dark corners of your heart and your life. The brighter My Light shines the more of those "bad guys" you can actually see inside yourself. There may be a few. There may be many. But I have placed within in you One who has power to defeat those selfish bad guys. Super powers.

He'll give you all the help you need to conquer sin that would plunder and destroy you. He is My Holy Spirit. Your real super hero.