This site is under construction.










Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Forgetter

JEAN SAID:

My sister, J. called the other day from Florida. She was trying to find a recipe for our baby sister, T. It's a recipe from our childhood-for potato candy. "Potato candy?" I said. Both of them seem to remember how much we all loved it. I can't even remember ever eating it. That's yet another thing I can't remember about my childhood, Lord.

As someone once said to me, my forgetter works better than my rememberer most of the time. And as I grow older, my forgetter works better and better.

I'm trying hard to hide some Scripture verses in my heart; but my rememberer is struggling, Lord. It would be much easier, I think, if the verses didn't have to pass through my head first.

You, on the other hand, choose to forget some things. And I'm so glad You do, Lord. Your Word tells me that You choose to forget my sins when I confess them to You. Because I have Christ living within my brand new heart You gave to me, You chose to remember my sins no more. (Hebrews 8:12; Jeremiah 21:24)

That's another reason to celebrate! And another of my One Thousand Gifts to thank You for, Lord. I forget things by accident. You forget my sins by a deliberate choice to remember them no more. Hallelujah!

GOD SAID:

As soon as you confess those sins they disappear from my mind and heart, Little One. They're washed away by the blood of Jesus. I choose to forget them. You should, too, don't you think? If I can put them out of my memories forever, maybe you can, too. Forget the past and move on into your future with Me.