This site is under construction.










Tuesday, September 16, 2008

To-Do List

JEAN SAID:

I have a busy day ahead of me, Lord. I was lying in bed last night listing all that I need to address today. That's not a good way to drift into a restful sleep, is it? The first thing on my to-do list is to make a to-do list. I'm in the middle of a demanding project right now along with my regular responsibilities plus taking care of my home and family. And we must take a trip tomorrow to a VA hospital and back.

And I'm tired. Really tired. I've been staying up much too late for several weeks trying to get everything done. As many times as I've put myself into time-crunches it seems I would have learned by now that my body and mind need rest. Now, it has caught up with me. I'm too tired to think and that's a really bad thing.

To make my to-do list I need to think clearly. And to think clearly I need to get some rest. So, what should be the first thing on my list for today, Lord?

GOD SAID:

Now, Little One, why are you asking Me this question? You already know the answer. Yes, you have a ton of tasks to complete this week. Do you really have the energy to get them all done and do them well? I am eternal. I have all the time in the world and then some. I can squeeze eternity into a nanosecond.

You can't.

Go back to bed, Little One. Let your body and mind catch up on some much needed sleep. Then, you can tackle your to-do list with 100% of your energy and concentration.

To quote a friend of yours, "Sometimes the most godly thing a woman can do is take a nap."