This site is under construction.










Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Pain of Separation

JEAN SAID:

We received one of those dreaded phone calls Sunday afternoon, Lord. The voice on the other end said, "I have some bad news to tell you." I always know where that conversation is going. J.'s niece died in a house fire. No details yet. Just sadness.

Sadness for her Mama and brothers and her three young children. Sadness because of the separation that death brings. We weren't built for separations, Lord. You created us for unity, for communion, for contact and proximity - not distance.

You created us to touch each other and call each other's names. To share laughter and tears and strength when we need it. Those things aren't possible for us when someone we love is torn away from us by death.

I ask you to comfort J.'s family today, Lord. I well remember the pain of burying our own child.

GOD SAID:

I am reaching out and offering them My comfort for sure, Little One. I remember well the pain of burying My son, too.