This site is under construction.










Friday, September 5, 2008

One Thousand Gifts

JEAN SAID:

Lord, one of my favorite bloggers keeps a One Thousand Gifts List. Ann Voshcamp at http://aholyexperience.com/. Her goal is to build a list of all the things great and small for which she is thankful. Everyday things. Miraculous things. People to cherish. Moments to hold onto.

Gratitude changes attitude, Lord. I know that. So, I'm beginning my own One Thousand Gifts List. Here are the first few:

Black satin skies sprinkled with stars
The lonesome Whooo-whoo-whoo-whoo of the owl that nests in the woods behind our house
Our grandchildren
The Internet
J.
T. & M.
D. & K.
My mother is still living & able to enjoy life
My sisters

I could probably list all 1000 right here & now, Lord. But this post would be much too long.

I hope our readers get the idea & start their own One Thousand Gifts Lists. Perhaps they can hit 1000 by the day we've set aside in our country to give you thanks.

GOD SAID:

You're welcomed, Little One. Yes, gratitude is a strange flower of breathtaking beauty. As its petals open wider and wider, so does the heart of its beholder.