This site is under construction.










Friday, September 19, 2008

Nathan

JEAN SAID:

"11" says I need a Nathan in my life, Lord. A straight-shooter. Someone who isn't afraid to tell me the truth-even when I won't like it. Someone who doesn't worry about being subtle when it's time to confront.

I remember 16 or 17 years ago when I came to NC and assumed the ministry position here. I leaped head first into a world of new responsibilities. I loved my position. But, sometimes I could be short and too stern with those responsible to me.

But you sent me a Nathan. My assistant, F.H. We learned to love and trust each other almost instantly. How grateful I am that she loved me enough to sit me down and tell me the truth about my behavior and my attitude sometimes-even though I was her boss.

Then, there was S.A. Then, L.L. Now - hmmm. Who is my confronter now, Lord? I believe it is T. My beautiful daughter who has become a confident young woman. Thank you, Lord, that she isn't afraid to tell me the truth even when it hurts.

GOD SAID:

Everyone needs someone who has courage enough to make them angry at the right times, Little One. The courage to risk losing a friend for the sake of what is right, Someone who'll stand up to them. Someone who'll tell them the truth about themselves.

Have you ever thanked one of your Nathans for hitting you on the head with the truth?

Have you ever had the courage to be someone else's Nathan?