This site is under construction.










Tuesday, September 23, 2008

G-O-N-E. Gone!

JEAN SAID:

Gone, gone, gone, gone. Yes! My sins are gone.
Now my soul is free and in my heart's a song.
Buried in the deepest sea.
Yes! That's good enough for me.
I shall live eternally. Praise God!
My sins are G-O-N-E. Gone!

I'm telling my age now, aren't I, Lord? I actually remember singing this chorus in Youth for Christ meetings. That was so long ago. What an amazing truth it reminds me of. Psalm 103:9-13 says it again: "as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."

Thank you, God, that once I've confessed to You and asked for Your forgiveness in Jesus, those sins are gone. Annihilated. Disposed of in the depths of eternity. Erased. (Isaiah 43:25)

Lord, You know that sometimes I have trouble forgiving myself and forgetting my sins. They haunt me. I'm so thankful that You are much better at forgetting than I am.

GOD SAID:

Oh, dear Little One, it is not that I am so good at forgetting. Rather, that I am so good at loving. I'm not absent minded. I don't misplace your sins. I CHOOSE to forget them. I cast them away from Myself as far as My mighty arm can throw them.

Take another look at Psalm 103:4, 8, 11, 13, 17. It is My love for you that compels me to forget.