This site is under construction.










Friday, September 12, 2008

The Challenge

JEAN SAID:

I accept the challenge, Lord. I'm wading into the book of Revelation. Every sermon series I've ever heard on Revelation leaves me twice as confused as I was before I heard it. I can't remember the last time I sat down and simply read through the book of Revelation. It's foreboding. It doesn't invite casual reading.

It used to be that the things in the Revelation made me nervous, anxious, and afraid.


All that symbolism. All those numbers. All that simultaneous backward and forward looking, and those double meanings makes for deep waters and fast currents. I'm not an Olympic swimmer, Lord. My goal is to read Revelation and find comfort for my fears.

I don't want to foretell the future of the World. I want to gather lilies floating on the surface of the water. That's all. I want to read this section of Your Written Word and find comfort and hope.

Help me not to get swept away by the rapids in Revelation.

GOD SAID:

Comfort can take many forms, Little One. When you were a child the same hands that spanked your bottom cooled your fevered brow. Remember? Discipline brings comfort. Sturdy fences bring comfort. Hard work brings comfort. Shared tears bring comfort. A full belly brings comfort. A hug brings comfort. Shared silence brings comfort.

As you read My Revelation pray like the writer of the psalms, "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your law...for I have put my hope in Your Word." (Psalm 119)

From Genesis 1 through Revelation 22 it's all My Word. My Living Word written for you.