This site is under construction.










Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On Display

JEAN SAID:

The other day I stepped into a consignment store searching for a particular item. It took three minutes to find my treasure and pay for it. But, when I turned toward the door to leave I saw something on the counter that grabbed my attention. Earrings. I asked about them and the shop owner explained that they were handmade by two little girls, sisters, who were operating their own business as part of their home-schooling education. The earrings were cute, reasonably priced, & seemed to be well constructed so I bought a few pairs.

The shop owner said something like, "This is going to make two young ladies very happy. They get so excited when they come in and see that some of their earrings are missing from their display. I told them that they'd have to come up with an attractive way to display their merchandise if I was going to carry it for them. And they did!"

Yes, Lord, it was the display that got my attention. They made a background of black velveteen enclosed in a simple black frame. It made those earrings really shine. I would never have noticed those little danglers without such an elegant, dark backdrop.

In Romans 9 Paul is explaining Your sovereignty. In Romans 9:17 he says, "For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: 'I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.'"

And the same thing is true of me, isn't it? My life is to be a display, a show case, for Your power. Like the display in that consignment store, my life is to make people stop and notice You!

GOD SAID:

Yes, Little One. I made you as you are and orchestrated your life so that people will stop and stare. Not at you, but at Me and My power on display in you. Like the dark, velveteen backdrop, I want your actions, reactions and attitudes to grab their attention and show off what I am doing in your life.

Why? So that I will be glorified and that they might invite Me into their lives, too.