This site is under construction.










Monday, August 11, 2008

Nothing Can Separate Us

JEAN SAID:

This eighth chapter of Romans is jam-packed with wonderful truths, Lord! It's "pressed down and running over" with foundational doctrines that every Christian can hang onto. I can't begin to count the number of times I've clung to Romans 8:28 when life seemed to be anything but good - "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

And it must have been 30 years ago that verse 39 became an anchor for my life - that You pre-planned for us to "be conformed to the likeness of " Your Son. One of Your great purposes for my life is that I become a little replica of Christ. You are such a patient artist, God. You've been dabbling & stroking away at me for almost 60 years now. That means that not only are You the patient eternal artist, but that I am Your priceless eternal work of art.

People pay outrageous sums of money to own a canvas or a slab of stone that bears the signature of a great artist. Somehow the genius of the artist brings that canvas or that stone to life so that it inspires us through countless generations. Lord, You bring our blank canvases to life. You give us beauty and strength that can inspire and change not only countless generations, but all of eternity.

Like Paul I say, "What, then shall we say in response to this? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Nothing and no one can destroy the masterpieces You create, Lord. They might destroy our bodies, but they cannot destroy our souls. They cannot separate us from You. Nothing can doom to hell those who have trusted Christ.

GOD SAID:

That's right, Little One. Nothing can separate from My eternal love those who have entrusted their lives to Jesus. Not trouble nor hardship. Not persecution nor famine nor naked destitution. Not danger nor battle nor execution. Not death nor life, not angels nor demons, not your present nor your future, not any power or authority, not mountain heights nor the depths of the sea, not one thing I created can separate you from My love that is wrapped up and put on display in Jesus.

Nothing can tear you out of My hands. You are eternally mine.